***This tour has been completed. No further bookings will be accepted***
BDAV is proud to offer a once in a lifetime opportunity to mark the 150th anniversary of the birth, (8th of June 1867) of Frank Lloyd Wright, with a unique tour to the United States..
The Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) in New York City is presenting Frank Lloyd Wright at 150: Unpacking the Archive, a major exhibition that critically engages his multifaceted practice. The exhibition comprises approximately 450 works made from the 1890s through the 1950s, including architectural drawings, models, building fragments, films, television broadcasts, print media, furniture, tableware, textiles, paintings, photographs, and scrapbooks, along with a number of works that have rarely or never been publicly exhibited.
The visit to New York will be followed by a tour to Chicago and Madison Wisconsin to visit his most famous works.
- Four nights in New York, with private walking tours and visits to some of the great architectural masterpieces in Manhattan
- Visit the Frank Lloyd Wright at 150: Unpacking the Archive Exhibition at MoMA New York City
- Tour of Philip Johnson’s Glass House in New Canaan, Connecticut
- Three nights in Chicago, discovering some of the city’s significant architecture, galleries and museums
- A tour of Oak Park where we see many of Frank Lloyd Wright’s early houses, including an interior tour of his home and studio
- A visit to Robie Park for a viewing and after hours’ champagne reception
- A visit to Mies van der Rohe’s masterpiece, Farnsworth House
- Two nights in Madison Wisconsin for an in-depth estate tour of Taliesin East, his home for 30 years and the site of many of the dramas in Wright’s life!
“Thanks for a great trip. It was really inspiring in an architectural sense, and a wonderful experience on a personal level. Thanks for all your great work.” – Debra Hunt – McKendry Hunt Architects
“Just a quick email of thanks for organising the Frank Lloyd Wright tour. It was terrific. I really enjoyed it. The organisation was excellent and it all went like clockwork. The hotels were all excellent in fantastic locations. Impact certainly know how to put a package together to meet everyone’s needs and timing requirements and I thought it was great value. Thanks again.” – Allan Cooper – Rhynie Drafting Service Pty Ltd
Ken Stewart, a BDAV Member attended thist tour of New York and Chicago in September 2017. His article about the tour can be found here.